Sunday, September 7, 2014

BLOG POST #3

picture source


In this blog post assignment I learned how to peer review better. I honestly thought that I did a good job with peer editing. I didn't realize all the negative ways you can peer edit and how hurtful they can truly be. Peer editing can be simple if you follow the three steps and staying positive and specific. Those three steps are complimenting, suggesting and correcting. I really enjoyed how simple and to the point the videos and power point were. It made it easier for me to understand how things are supposed to work.
Since I am majoring in English, I believe that I can use these rules and steps to teach my future writing students how to peer edit better. I am excited to say that this assignment is right up my alley of interest. I am hoping that I can use these to help further my education in teaching to help my future students learn/write better.

1 comment:

  1. By all means use them if you think they will work. Most of the time they do not for college students who just want the positive and never the helping corrections or suggestions.

    Thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete