Monday, September 15, 2014

PROJECT #15

Our assignment for this project was to explore eight different search engines and give our opinion on them. Not only will I give my opinion on each search engine, I am choosing each search engine based off how they are the best for a certain topic.

WOLF << This search engine would probably be the best to find specifically what you want to look for. I liked how it made categories for the topic you chose.
BING << This search engine has some really great network connectivity. I use bing when I want people on my facebook to know I have questions about things. It makes it easier to get their opinions on things.
DUCK << This search engine is great for beginners. It is a simple set up and easy access sort of search engine.
YAHOO << This search engine is really easy to manage. Personally I only use this search engine when I need to ask questions. I like using this search engine because I can get advice from random people about whatever problem I may be having.
WIKI << This search engine is good for people who already have knowledge of the information they are researching. I personally do not like using this search engine because many people can edit the information and make it false.
KIDS << This search engine is one of the search engines I allow for my kids to use. It monitors everything they search and hinders any and all adult/ mature material.
ASK << This search engine is commonly used. I like using this search engine when I don't know exactly what questions to ask.
WORD << This search engine is great for looking up scholarly journals etc. I have used this search engine for many writing projects along with research projects. It links straight to awesome schools and publishing houses.

1 comment:

  1. BreAna, I use some of the same sources, but which one do you feel is most important when using search engines? I know when I think of my favorite one to use I feel like it needs to be the one I am using and getting the best information for research. Also, when you are looking for search engines look for more search engines that are for educational use that will help you in the long run of your career.

    ReplyDelete