Monday, September 15, 2014

BLOG POST #4

Source


What do we need to know about asking questions to be an effective teacher?

In this assignment we were asked to research ideas/thoughts on what we need to know to be an effective teacher. I wanted to take a different approach to this assignment by asking kids what they would think a good/effective teacher would need to know about asking questions. I asked two kids in my own household just to get there perspective on this topic. Check out what they had to say HERE...

Now you might be wondering why I asked kids these questions. My answer is the simple fact that we as prospective teachers need to be able to understand and listen to our students. Although I am not a teacher yet my brothers help enhance my teaching abilities by asking me questions. I get to help them learn things while I get to learn things about them. How can we answer the question asked correctly? Well, like Leighton suggested there are no bad questions. I personally agree with him. If you have the guts to speak up and ask a question there is obviously a reason behind it. I think we should know that every question is a good question and that some questions are going to be harder to understand than others.

3 comments:

  1. Your YouTube video is set to private so I do not know the reactions of your kids. I would like to, however.

    I applaud your "different" approach but you must also read/watch several of the assignments. They are chosen purposefully. Since your YouTube is set to Private your different approach didn't work either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will fix that immediately! I am sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey BreAna!
    I really liked your post! I thought your approach was really creative and interesting!

    "I asked two kids in my own household just to get there perspective on this topic."
    I think it should be their instead of there

    ReplyDelete